Wednesday, November 3, 2010

SAVANNAH, GA.



Wednesday, Jan 27 - day 1

Kate & I arrived in Savannah, Ga. in mid-afternoon. I was so excited because this town has Cricket phone service, so I can/will be able use my cell phone to call Sadie, my baby girl, and talk to her. I haven't “talked” to her for almost two weeks. I'm really looking forward to it. YAY! I email her every day but its not the same as talking to her and hearing her voice. Shes in school right at this moment and Im counting down the minutes until I can get her on the phone. Im so excited. While I'm waiting for her to get out of school, Kate & I are going to drive around this gorgeous old city. Savannah was built in the 1700's. It still has rock paved roads on the water front, huge commons areas are laid out in big squares in the center of town. Huge old trees dripping in moss as the limbs of its canopy stretches over the streets and sidewalks giving the town a cozy warm charm that we associate so much with being in the south. This is the most enchanting place I have ever seen. Paula Deen the cook & entrepreneur you have seen on television is from Savannah, Ga. Paula Deen is the picture of perfection for representation of this beautiful old southern town. Savannah, Ga. is as beautiful, warm & charming as Paula Deen is... I met Paula Deen at a book signing sometime back in Rogers, Ark. Bubba/Brother saw the sign where she would be attending a book signing at our local Wal-mart, so he called to tell me, back when we still had a home. I have several of her cookbooks and watched her on television. Bubba held my place in line for hours so that my two girls (Kate & Sadie)and I could get dressed and make it to see her to get my cookbooks signed. It was so much fun. The kids and I have often stood in lines sometimes for days to get a new item coming out for one family member or the other . This has become a sort of tradition...for example this one particular Christmas Kate & I sat out side in front of a Best Buy in Fayetteville, Ar. waiting for the new PlayStation3 to be released and handed out. Bubba wanted it for Christmas so bad, so we sat in the cold just to give him this gift as a surprise. The store only received 10 and we were #2 on the list in others words 2nd in line! It was a very cold two days. Winters in Arkansas aren't always gentle An abrupt 32 degrees is the norm and often colder minus the wind chill factors. It was cold but yet lots of fun! The anticipation of his reaction upon receiving his gift was worth a thousand days in the cold. At another time, Bubba and Kate stood in line for Metal Gear Solid 4 (Bubba's favorite game of all times) coming out and released at mid-night, at wal-mart. At least this time, it was inside so they at least had warmth. The experience is to expect to stand for hours often a couple of days to be in the right place at the right time. Its not just the item that is/was so extremely important as it was just fun, hanging out together in the hardship of anticipation. We, as a family, even Bubba even thou he squawked about it, stood in line for Sadie to have the tickets to opening night for Twilight! Each time a new Twilight movie came out...so far! Then stood in line again for hours to get the right seats in the theater. What can I say. Some of the many... funnest, best times we have spent together as a family has been waiting in line for something. Yes, we all turn out, if for nothing else but for the experience of supporting each other in the delight of giving  a gift to each other that is important to that individual at that moment in time.  Kate is our theater nerd so we, as a family, stand in line not only to get tickets and the proper seating but we often ...no we always, suffer thru performance after performance in full support of her talent. When in actuality one performance would do for a sane person. Not because her acting is lacking but it is college theater after all and one can only take so much Shakespeare, personally speaking, of course. Her siblings on the other hand …. LOVED each and every minute. So with that I enjoyed the enjoyment that they bring to each others lives. Its Great!
The locals said to go see Tybee Beach. They are very proud to have Sandra Bullock as part of their community. Everyone loves Ms. Bullock, but then who wouldn't!
Kate & I drove around just a little bit. We don't have that much gas. We don't need to waist it. I have work to do on the computer and Sadie will be out of school soon. I cant hardly wait. We also need to locate a place to sleep before it gets to late. Find a laundry mat and a vacuum/car wash. We have to get in control of this smelly truck and our smelly butts!!!
Talked to Bubba, hes doing fine. YAY! He was over at a girls house, that hes been crazy about for sometime, the girl ,not the house. Which is good. He finally put tags on his jeep today. That was good news and one less worry for me. And one more thing to check off my to do list.
The Bankruptcy attorney's secretary called me, needing information. The bankruptcy I tried to file, still hasn't been filed..its been 2 1/2 months. I'm really not sure why I need to file bankruptcy at this point....as all the debts I have is my child support, the arrears's, a truck payment (payoff is less than 4,000) and a truck repair bill and a few medical bills...I know right? I actually have very little debt. So to continue on at this point is...what? My Child support hearing is over...done, until I turn myself in...I'm will be looking at contempt & jail time for my failure to appear, possible criminal prosecution for non-payment of child support if I don't get the arrears paid off before hand – in Judge Duncans court, that wont even be taken into consideration, which I feel strongly that all of this prosecution could have been avoided, if the attorneys had done their jobs as promised and in a timely fashion. I stressed the urgent state of each of the cases to the attorney's to no avail. Whats done is done at this point so to continue the filling of a bankruptcy now is detrimental, but mostly irrelevant and a waste of every ones time!
I finally to talk to Sadie! YAY! I was so excited. Until I realized that Debbi (Di) wife to the custodial keeper was dictating the conversation. So I kept it short. I would have loved to visited more but Sadie doesn't need to feel squeezed between the adults. The Di & Dy's, as I refer to them (Debbi & Donny) the custodial keepers of MY daughter tell Sadie all kinds of stories about me to destroy my relationship with her, what little that there actually is at this point. I was disappointed as I hoped she would be as excited as I was to talk to her, but she wasn't. Not that I blame her. Ugly stories are more believable when I'm no where around and cant be depended upon. Right? Which has not ever been the case in the past, until now. I truly would not ever ever considered leaving, if I hadn't felt like I had/have had any other choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment